Azov Special Forces Brigade returns to frontline
Mykola Urshalovych, acting director of the Planning Department of the National Guard's Main Directorate, said that the Azov Special Forces Brigade had returned to the frontline.
He said this at a briefing at the Military Media Center.
"The legendary Azov Special Forces Brigade has recovered and started performing combat missions in the area of Serebryanske forestry," said Urshalovych.
According to him, Azov soldiers are holding their positions and inflicting losses in manpower and equipment on the enemy, in particular, on August 15, the brigade's artillery destroyed a mortar crew and an occupier's engineering vehicle in the area of Serebryanske forestry.
On August 8, President Volodymyr Zelenskyy announced that Ukraine had returned Azovstal commanders from Turkey who had been held there after being captured by Russia.
After returning from Turkey, Azov commander Lieutenant Colonel Denys Prokopenko announced his desire to return to the front and join the fighting.