There is no key decision on Ukraine's victory in Washington - former MP Hopko
Biden should have realized by now that Ukraine's victory is the primary goal for the entire world
Hanna Hopko, a former MP and chairman of the board of the ANTS Network for the Protection of National Interests, said this on Espreso TV.
"The US says it will stay with Ukraine as long as it takes. However, in order to confirm the strategy for Ukraine's victory, ATACMS should have been held a year ago," the former MP said.
According to her, Biden should have realized by now that Ukraine's victory is the primary goal for the whole world.
"Biden should have realized that after his failure in Afghanistan, Ukraine's victory would increase his chances of winning his presidential campaign. He will be armed with a successful story of how Ukraine defeated Russian authoritarianism, and it is all interconnected," Hopko said.
She recalled last fall's Warsaw Security Forum, where everyone was talking about the de-occupation of Crimea in 2023. At the time, there was a sentiment that Crimea was an absolutely realistic target. And now everyone is disappointed because the counteroffensive is not so successful and effective. Unfortunately, we have to explain to everyone that the Ukrainian Armed Forces are doing a miracle in those conditions of limited resources.
"Western partners need to be made clear that the longer the protracted war in Ukraine, the war of attrition, continues, the more conclusions various authoritarian regimes draw and realize that now is the time of the West's weakness and new threats can be created. For example, China, which has been postponing its invasion of Taiwan, will take advantage of the domestic political crisis in the United States. This will be an opportunity for them to try to carry out real attacks," summarized Hopko.
Therefore, the key message from Ukraine should be the defeat of Russia as a state sponsor of terrorism.
"We have to show authoritarian and dictatorial regimes that we stand firmly behind each other in democracies and uphold international law based on respect for territorial integrity and sovereignty. But the level of support that we are receiving now is insufficient and unconvincing for authoritarian clubs. They don't see that the West is serious about helping Ukraine win this war," the former MP summarized.
- On November 16, 2022, former US President Donald Trump announced that he would run for the White House in 2024.
- Later, on April 25, Biden announced that he would run for president in 2024.
- On May 21, former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said that Donald Trump's victory in the 2024 presidential election would lead to Ukraine's defeat in the war with Russia.
- On August 21, former US President Donald Trump announced that he would skip the upcoming Republican primaries, citing his significant lead in opinion polls as evidence that he is already well known and liked by voters.
- On August 26, Politico noted Ramaswamy's course of rapprochement with Putin. However, it jokingly suggested that he ask Prigozhin how the Russian president is able to keep his promises.
- On August 28, potential Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy said he would recognize the occupied territories of Ukraine as Russian and would close Ukraine's path to NATO for the sake of a deal with Russia against China.
- The presidential and parliamentary elections in the United States are scheduled for November 5, 2024.
- Mykhailo Podoliak, Advisor to the Head of the President's Office, expressed his opinion on the risks for Ukraine after the 2024 US elections. It is widely believed that the 2024 US elections will change the format of assistance to our country.