Ukraine's General Staff reports 38 combat engagements in the frontline over 24 hours
Ukrainian defense forces are conducting offensive operations in the Melitopol sector and assault operations in the Bakhmut sector
This is stated in the evening report of the Ukrainian army’s General Staff.
Russian army launched 4 missile and 44 air strikes, as well as 59 MLRS attacks at the positions of Ukrainian troops and various settlements. Private homes and other civilian infrastructure were destroyed and damaged. Unfortunately, there are wounded among the civilian population.
The operational situation in east and south of Ukraine remains difficult.
In the area of the northern Ukrainian border with Belarus, the operational situation has not changed. There are no signs of formation of an offensive grouping.
In the northeastern border area, Russian forces maintain their military presence in areas bordering Ukraine. The enemy conducts active sabotage activities in the border areas, and increasing the density of minefields along the state border in the Belgorod region. The occupiers launched an air strike near the settlement of Mohrytsya, Sumy region. Over 15 settlements across Chernihiv, Sumy and Kharkiv regions came under Russian artillery and mortar fire.
Situation in other frontline regions of Ukraine:
- In Kupyansk direction, Russian troops conducted unsuccessful assaults with the support of aviation near Synkivka, Petropavlivka and Ivanivka, Kharkiv region. The Ukrainian Armed Forces repelled 5 attacks there. Russian troops launched air strikes near 3 settlements in the Kharkiv region. Four more settlements came under Russian artillery and mortar fire.
- In Lyman direction, Russian troops did not conduct offensive (assault) actions. The invaders launched air strikes near Serebryanske forestry, Vyimka, Spirne in Donetsk region. Around 10 settlements came under Russian artillery and mortar fire.
- In Bakhmut direction, Russian troops unsuccessfully tried to regain their lost positions near Klishchiivka and Andriivka, Donetsk region. At the same time, they conducted unsuccessful assault operations near Pivdenne, Donetsk region. Over 10 settlements came under Russian artillery and mortar fire.
- In Avdiivka direction, Russian troops conducted unsuccessful assault operations near Severne and Tonenke in the Donetsk region, where the Ukrainian Defense Forces repelled 5 attacks About 10 settlements came under Russian artillery and mortar fire.
- In Marinka direction, Russian troops carried out unsuccessful attacks near Marinka in the Donetsk region. Ukrainian soldiers repelled 18 attacks. Russian troops also launched an air strike near Marinka. About 10 settlements in the Donetsk region came under Russian artillery and mortar fire.
- In Shakhtarsk direction, Ukrainian defenders repelled all attacks near Staromayorske, Donetsk region. The occupying Russian army launched air strikes in the near Vodyane and Staromayorske. About 10 settlements came under Russian artillery and mortar fire.
- In Zaporizhzhia direction, Russian troops tried to regain the lost position near Robotyne, Zaporizhzhia region, but were unsuccessful. More than 20 settlements came under Russian artillery and mortar fire.
- In Kherson direction, the occupiers launched air strikes at 5 villages in Kherson region. The settlements of Antonivka, Stanislav, Beryslav, Vesele, Shyroka Balka, the city of Kherson, and Ochakiv (Mykolaiv oblast) suffered from Russian artillery shelling.
At the same time, the Ukrainian Defense Forces continue their offensive operation in Melitopol direction and offensive (assault) operations in Bakhmut direction, inflicting losses in manpower and equipment on the occupation forces, exhausting the enemy all along the front line.
Ukrainian Air Force launched 13 air strikes on the concentrations of troops, weapons, and military equipment
Ukrainian aviation also targeted anti-aircraft missile systems of the Russian army.
Meanwhile, the Ukrainian missile troops hit a Russian command post, three places where troops were concentrated, targeted weapons and military equipment, an electronic warfare station, an ammunition depot, eight artillery systems as well as one vital target of the invading Russian army.