Israel restrains troop deployment in Gaza due to high losses concerns — Israeli journalist Auslander
Israeli journalist, author of the Voina s Ordoi (War with the Horde) Telegram channel, Sergei Auslander, believes that Israel cannot deploy many troops to the Gaza Strip at once because it will lead to unjustifiably heavy losses
Espreso TV reported the information.
"Based on the experience of 2014, it is impossible to deploy a lot of troops to the Gaza Strip at once, as this will lead to unjustifiably large losses, and there will be no result. That's why the following tactic was chosen: to act in assault groups, but to avoid a stampede within the Gaza Strip, where troops will hinder each other more than help," the journalist noted.
Auslander believes that this suggests that it's a relatively protracted operation.
"This method will minimize losses, but we will have to deal with Gaza for quite a long time. There are different estimates, the defense minister said 1 to 3 months, someone says 6 months, so far it's all pure speculation, no one knows how long it will last," he said.
- On Saturday, October 28, Israel announced that IDF fighter jets had struck 150 underground targets in the northern Gaza Strip, including terrorist tunnels, underground fighting positions and additional underground infrastructure.
- In addition, the Israeli Defense Forces said that during the night air strike, the head of the Hamas Air Force, Issam Abu Rukbeh, and the head of the Hamas Navy, Ratib Abu Tzahiban, were killed.
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that the second phase of the war against Hamas had begun with the deployment of new ground forces in Gaza.