Former Wagner mercenaries wounded in Ukraine are being sent to Belarus for treatment
Wounded in Ukraine, terrorists from the disbanded Wagner PMC are sent for treatment to departmental hospitals of the Belarusian Security Forces
This is reported by the Center for National Resistance, citing data from the Belarusian underground.
"Wounded terrorists from the disbanded Wagner PMC began to arrive for treatment in the departmental hospitals of the Belarusian law enforcement agencies. Representatives of the military intelligence of the Russian Armed Forces are providing support to the wounded. Previously, the terrorists were wounded on the territory of Ukraine," the statement reads.
The Resistance noted that former Wagner members are training militants in Syria.
"We are talking about training the Lebanese Hezbollah militants at notorious military bases in Syria. The main task is to pass on the experience of fighting in Ukraine, assault operations in small groups, fighting in urban areas, the use of 'kamikaze' drones and strike UAVs with drops," the Center for National Resistance said.
Earlier, the Center wrote that the Wagner mercenaries were preparing Hamas for an attack on Israel.
What is known about Wagner fighters in Belarus
After the mutiny of Wagner PMC leader Yevgeny Prigozhin in late June, the Kremlin announced the relocation of Wagner mercenaries to Belarus.
On June 27, self-proclaimed President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko confirmed the arrival of Yevgeny Prigozhin in the country. According to him, Wagner mercenaries who arrived with him will not guard the Russian tactical nuclear weapons deployed there. However, Lukashenko emphasized that he expects the mercenaries to help in the defense of Belarus, without specifying the potential source of the country's perceived threat.
On June 29, a satellite recorded the construction of a tent camp near Asipovichy in the Mogilev region of Belarus, and on July 3, Russian media published a photo of an alleged Wagner camp.
On July 11, the Belarusian Ministry of Defense stated that the Wagner mercenaries would train the Belarusian army.
After the death of Wagner PMC leader Yevgeny Prigozhin in a plane crash, mercenaries began to leave Belarus. At the same time, the Russian Federation announced that the PMC would be disbanded, and some mercenaries would be offered contracts with the Russian Defense Ministry.
"The Wagner Group will cease to exist. The fighters will be able to go "civilian" or sign a contract with the Defense Ministry. This is an illegal armed group. There should not be any armed people in the state who are not subordinate to the state. As a result, it led to a rebellion. We were on the verge of a civil war," said Russian State Duma deputy, General Viktor Sobolev.
In September, media reported that Lukashenko's regime was recruiting its own PMC from Wagner fighters who refused to fight in Ukraine.