Ukrainian Armed Forces' counteroffensive: invading Russian forces are encircled in Lyman
Russian channels have published a map of the Ukrainian Armed Forces' counteroffensive in the Kharkiv, Donetsk, and Luhansk regions
What conclusions can be drawn?
1. The front of the Russian Armed Forces' 20th Combined Arms Army on the Oskil River has been breached.
The Russian group got into the operational encirclement in Lyman. The withdrawal of the Ukrainian troops to Nevske and Terny will mean the closing of the last supply routes, sealing the encirclement, and the complete defeat of the Lyman-Yampil group.
2. The Russian command obviously understands the threat, but continues to hold Lyman and Yampil. The configuration of the Russian enemy's front is extremely disadvantageous for defense, as the invading Russian forces will not be able to hold such a front for a long time.
At the same time, the enemy cannot be underestimated. The control of the group is maintained, the invading Russian forces, as before, are superior to Ukraine's Armed Forces in heavy weapons and munitions. The battles are going hard.
3. The Russian forces are transferring all possible reinforcements from wherever possible - for example, documents of servicemen with the 201st military base in Tajikistan, various regional and national units, and a number of BARS battalions have already been captured there. The marching reinforcements of the mobilized are directed to replenish the 144th and 3rd motorized rifle divisions in this area. Also, 61 brigades of marines and units of the Airborne Forces are used here.
4. Ukraine's Armed Forces have already reached Kreminna, and after the defeat of the Lyman-Yampil group, the Russian enemy will have to run far, to the route P66 Svatove-Kreminna.
5. There is no northern section of the front on the map. And there, Ukrainian troops also crossed the Oskil River, and are gradually moving forward to the north of Svatove. Battles for Svatove Kreminna look inevitable and in the near future.