Russia needs to start safeguarding against Ukraine’s deep-reach strikes
My predictions for 2024
1. Ukraine will finally receive long-range missiles in noticeable quantities, capable of reaching targets hundreds of kilometers away. The Russians will have to think about ways to adjust their air defense.
2. Shahed and Lancet drone analogues will be produced in a comparable quantity to the Russian ones. These will be our Ukrainian drones based on the Western and Chinese elements, developed and produced in Ukraine – and therefore, free from any restrictions to strike various locations in Russia. What's more, they will be regularly purchased by the state, which is huge.
3. In 2024, Ukraine will showcase enhanced capabilities in handling anti-ship missiles. The situation of the Black Sea group of ships of the Russian Federation will become even more pathetic, leaving it scrambling for safe havens.
4. We can expect more potent artillery systems, with the primary bottleneck being the availability of shells and, perhaps, adept calculations.
5. Ukraine is set to bolster its aviation fleet significantly, meeting modern standards with additions like F-16 jets and potentially more.
6. Finally, we can anticipate potential advancements in front air defense in 2024.
About the author. Ihor Lutsenko, journalist, soldier of the Ukrainian Armed Forces
The editors do not always share the opinions expressed by the blog authors.