Missile attack on 128th Brigade: Ukraine’s Defense Ministry conducts internal investigation
Ukrainian Ministry of Defense is conducting an internal investigation into the actions of military officials who organized the awarding of the 128th Brigade in Zaporizhzhia region
This was announced during a telethon by communications adviser to the State Bureau of Investigation Tetyana Sapian, Espreso reports.
"The Ministry of Defense is conducting an internal investigation into the actions of military officials who organized such an event near the front line. This must not happen again, which means that people involved in what could have been avoided must be held accountable," Sapian said.
According to her, the investigation into the tragedy is complex and the State Bureau of Investigation, the Security Service of Ukraine, the National Police and the Prosecutor General's Office are currently working on the case around the clock.
The deaths of soldiers of the 128th Brigade in Zaporizhzhia region
On November 3, Russian terrorists launched a missile attack on the personnel of the 128th Detached Mountain Assault Brigade of the Transcarpathian region, killing the soldiers and injuring local residents.
Later, it was revealed that 19 soldiers of the 128th Brigade had been killed in a missile strike in Zaporizhzhia region. The State Bureau of Investigation registered a criminal investigation.
Meanwhile, Ukrainian media cited sources as saying that the commander of the Transcarpathian Brigade, Dmytro Lysiuk, was late for the event dedicated to the Day of Missile Troops and Artillery, which was organized near the front line in Zaporizhzhia. According to the publications, the soldiers waited for him for more than half an hour, and then an incident occurred, resulting in deaths and injuries.
On the evening of November 6, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said that the commander of the 128th Brigade, Lysiuk, had been suspended for the duration of the investigation.