Russia will try to breach Ukrainian defense around Avdiivka — military expert Zgurets
Serhiy Zgurets, a military expert and Defense Express CEO, says that Russia will try to breach the Ukrainian defense near Avdiivka within a month
Espreso TV reported the information.
"Certain Ukrainian forces have been redeployed for reinforcement. I think that this section of the frontline will be a place where the enemy will be trying to breach our defense for a month, if not less," said Zgurets.
According to him, Russia’s actions around Avdiivka remain unchanged. The Ukrainian Armed Forces expect Russian troops to try to resume offensive actions from the north and south.
"Avdiivka is currently the focus of attention. The occupiers are employing a strategy that involves launching attacks from various directions in an attempt to compel Ukrainian troops to shift their reserves there. But I don't think it will make much difference. We know about the enemy's losses. In any case, we understand that the enemy's goal remains the same: to try to ensure the encirclement of our forces," added Zgurets.
In general, the situation on the front line remains difficult, the intensity of hostilities is now medium, the analyst noted.
"If we take into account the number of combat clashes, there were 60 over the past day, 40 over the previous day, and at the peak periods we saw 90 combat clashes. That is, in fact, we have an average level of intensity of hostilities now. But these are indicators that actually have different content and results in each section of the frontline," he summarized.
- The Institute for the Study of War predicts that significant losses of Russian equipment near Avdiivka may hamper Russia’s long-term offensive capabilities.
- On October 27, President of Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelenskyy, discussed the situation at the front with the Prime Minister of Great Britain, Rishi Sunak.
- Serhii Tsikhotskyi, an officer with the 59th Separate Motorized Infantry Brigade named after Yakiv Handziuk, highlighted the success of Ukrainian Defense Forces in repelling Russian attacks near Avdiivka.
- On October 28, the UK Ministry of Defense received information that Russian troops were unlikely to fulfill the Kremlin's expectations regarding the capture of Avdiivka.
- Military observer Denys Popovych said that the Russian army is trying to surround Avdiivka to bring Ukraine to the negotiating table.
- Oleksiy Hetman, a reserve major of the National Guard of Ukraine and a veteran of the Russian-Ukrainian war, believes that, like in Bakhmut, Avdiivka's mission may be to destroy a large number of Russian troops.
- On October 30, Vitaliy Barabash, head of the Avdiivka city military administration, said that Russian troops were regrouping near Avdiivka. A new wave of assaults is expected in the coming days.