Russians amass more forces near Avdiivka
A new series of attacks is coming in the days ahead, according to Vitaliy Barabash, the head of the Avdiivka city military administration
He shared these insights in an interview on Espreso TV.
"The situation around Avdiivka remains challenging," Barabash stated. "The enemy continues to apply pressure, attempting to breach our defenses. They are currently focusing on ground operations, and we've observed a significant redeployment of their forces. They are moving a substantial amount of equipment and personnel from other areas. We expect a fresh wave of attacks in the coming days."
He also discussed the situation in the near Avdiivka’s spoil tip, a so-called terykon.
"This tip is a contested area. We have advanced surveillance tools that allow us to monitor extensive areas and roadways. If our Armed Forces were positioned in Terykon, they would be constantly exposed to artillery fire. Essentially, our current strategy involves intercepting the invaders when they venture into this area, and we swiftly neutralize them. It's a straightforward approach," Barabash added.
- The Institute for the Study of War predicts that Russia's loss of a lot of equipment near Avdiivka will weaken its ability to attack in the long run.
- On Friday, October 27, Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelenskyy spoke with Britain's Prime Minister Rishi Sunak and discussed the situation on the front lines.
- Officer of the 59th Detached Motorized Infantry Brigade named after Yakiv Handziuk, Serhiy Tsehotskyi, noted that the Defense Forces successfully repelled attacks by Russian forces near Avdiivka
- On October 28, the British Ministry of Defense learned that Russian troops failed to fulfill the Kremlin's hopes of capturing Avdiivka.
- On October 29, Army Inform reported, citing Colonel Oleksandr Shtupun of the Defense Forces in the Tavria direction, that in the past 20 days, the Russians lost 6,500 soldiers, 100 tanks, and 250 armored vehicles near Avdiivka.
- Military observer Denys Popovych mentioned that the Russian army is trying to encircle Avdiivka to pressure Ukraine into negotiations.