Russia faces difficulties conducting attacks near Avdiivka due to weather conditions – military expert Zgurets
Defense Express CEO Serhiy Zgurets noted that the deterioration in weather around Avdiivka makes it challenging for enemy infantry to advance
Zgurets stated this on Espreso.
Zgurets explained, "The Russians are persistently attempting to advance into Avdiivka from the north and south. There are reports of enemy movements toward Stepove, with some success noted. Our military reports successful repelling of enemy attacks as well."
He added that the enemy is using fewer armored vehicles for assaults.
"Our artillery effectively controls the road from Krasnohorivka to Stepove. The logistics are complicated for Russian units retreating from the outskirts of Stepove due to the weather and artillery control. The deteriorating weather conditions are hindering the advance of Russian troops, conducting unequipped attacks. This is evident in their losses in the Avdiivka direction, with over 230 armored vehicles destroyed since the start of attacks, and only 16 in the past week."
- On October 30, Vitaly Barabash, the head of the Avdiivka city military administration, reported a regrouping of occupiers near Avdiivka, anticipating a new wave of assaults in the coming days.
- The Institute for the Study of War suggested that Russian occupation forces are likely gearing up for another round of ground attacks near Avdiivka, Donetsk region, despite considerable losses. Barabash later stated that there is no third wave of attacks on Avdiivka as of yet, but the enemy is maintaining tension around the city.
- On November 8, it was announced that the last 16 employees were evacuated from the Avdiivka coke plant.
- The Estonian intelligence chief remarked that the Russians aim to capture Avdiivka by year-end, even though the city lacks strategic importance.
- On November 9, Barabash reported that the enemy was preparing for an even larger attack on Avdiivka.
- Oleksiy Hetman, a veteran and reserve major of the National Guard of Ukraine, believes Avdiivka holds little tactical significance for the Ukrainian army.
- As adverse weather sets in, Ukrainian forces aim to cut off supply routes to Russian militants and freeze their operations.