Russian forces start storming Avdiivka from two more directions
Vitaliy Barabash, head of the Avdiivka City Military Administration, says that the situation in the Avdiivka sector has become even more difficult
He said this on Espreso TV.
"The situation in the Avdiivka sector has become even more difficult. The intensity of hostilities on the part of the enemy has been increasing for some time, and there is already an understanding that this is indeed the third wave. The Russians have additionally opened two more directions from which they began to conduct active assault operations - from Donetsk, through Spartak, and the so-called industrial zone. The enemy is trying to storm the city from all directions. The invaders are using a lot of cannon and rocket artillery. Despite the weather conditions, the enemy is using a lot of aircraft," noted Barabash.
According to the head of the Avdiivka City Military Administration, fierce fighting continues in the industrial area, which does not stop day or night.
"At the moment, it's impossible to say who is 100% in control of the gate. Very serious fighting is going on there. The Russians are trying to storm the coke plant, but the territory of the plant is controlled by the Ukrainian Armed Forces," Barabash added.
- On November 22, Vitaliy Barabash, head of the Avdiivka City Military Administration, said that the Ukrainian Armed Forces were holding the defense line in the Avdiivka area, with no breakthroughs.
- On November 23, media reported that the Russian army was continuing its attempts to surround Avdiivka. Thus, the enemy launched the third wave of assault operations in the Avdiivka sector.
- Major Maksym Morozov, an officer with the Freedom Legion, noted that the enemy is attacking Avdiivka from all sides and is actively working towards the industrial zone.
- On November 25, General Oleksandr Tarnavskyi, commander of the Tavria operational and strategic group of troops, said that the enemy had reduced the number of air strikes in the Avdiivka sector, despite the high activity of infantry.
- On November 26, the Ukrainian Armed Forces’ General Staff reported that Russian troops conducted the most attacks in the Avdiivka sector over the past day. Ukrainian soldiers are holding the line and inflicting losses on the enemy.