"Russia accepts Crimean Bridge is lost": expert Kyrychevskyi explains why
Military expert Ivan Kyrychevskyi says that Russia plans to build a new railway along the Azov Sea coast, as they believe that the destruction of the Crimean bridge is only a matter of time
He shared his opinions with Espreso TV.
"The invaders want to build a railroad along the Azov Sea coast to create an alternative to the Crimean Bridge. There are two components here - good and bad. The bad is that the occupiers are preparing an alternative logistics route. The good is that the Russians realize that sooner or later the Crimean Bridge will be destroyed. Thus, they are trying to play it safe and prepare for alternative ways to supply their occupation troops," said Kyrychevskyi.
According to the expert, not everyone in Russia believes that such a project will be successful.
"The Russians want to build a parallel corridor to the existing railroad. Our military tried to take control of the railroad that runs from Melitopol to Tokmak and then to Polohy. The Russians want to build a parallel railroad to this one. However, when Russian propagandists justify this project, they directly complain that our sabotage and reconnaissance groups have been very active and are still working along the railroad. Therefore, their logistics routes by rail will always be at risk of being blocked," he added.
- In the evening of October 12, the Russian-installed authorities of Sevastopol announced an air alert, and local media reported that air defense operated and allegedly downed a missile.
- On Friday, October 13, Ukraine’s Security Service, together with the Navy, attacked Russia’s Buyan missile carrier and the Pavel Derzhavin ship with marine drones in the temporarily occupied Sevastopol.
- On October 13, Atesh guerrillas recorded the movement of Russian old military equipment from Crimea.
- On October 14, a report by the US Institute for the Study of War (ISW) stated that Russia is preparing for defense in Crimea.
- Natalia Humeniuk said that Russian forces cannot use the Crimean Bridge for the movement of heavy equipment, it has to be constantly blocked.
- On December 1, OSINT reported that the defensive structures of the Crimean Bridge in the form of barges were seriously damaged as a result of a powerful storm.