Russians count neither personnel nor equipment - official on Avdiivka sector
Vitaliy Barabash, head of the Avdiivka City Military Administration, says that the Avdiivka ‘meat grinder’ is working at full capacity for the invading Russian forces
He said this on Espreso TV.
"Unfortunately, the situation is very hot in our sector. Russia keeps trying to enter the city and surround it. The enemy forces are not counting either personnel or equipment, so they are trying to accomplish their task at any cost. They did not manage to do it by December 14, and I am sure they will not manage to do it by the New Year, and the invaders will not be able to take Avdiivka before their pseudo-elections. I have no doubts about this," emphasized the head of Avdiivka City Military Administration.
According to him, Ukrainian defenders are holding out, destroying Russian forces. About 50 soldiers were killed and about 100 wounded yesterday, December 24. A couple of dozen Russian vehicles were also damaged.
"For the invaders, Avdiivka ‘meat grinder’ is working at full capacity. I have a gut feeling that they will not only break their teeth in Avdiivka but their spine will be broken. I really want Avdiivka to break not only their spine but this war. For some reason, I think it will happen," said Vitaliy Barabash.
- On December 19, Vitaliy Barabash, head of the Avdiivka City Military Administration, said that the Russian troops had begun to concentrate personnel and equipment for attacks in selected areas near the city.
- In addition, Oleksandr Stupun, spokesman for the Tavria Defense Forces press center, said that Russian troops have started to attack the positions of Ukrainian defenders near Avdiivka less frequently, but they are engaging more infantry and equipment.
- On December 22, ISW analysts suggested that Russia's offensive assaults would intensify in early 2024.
- On December 23, the General Staff reported that 57 firefights took place on the frontline over the day, and the Ukrainian Defense Forces repelled 31 Russian attacks in the Avdiivka sector.
- On December 25, the morning report of the General Staff stated that in the Avdiivka sector, Ukrainian defenders continue to hold back the Russian army that continues to try to surround Avdiivka.