Russian forces launch 43 assaults on Ukrainian positions, resume attacks in Shakhtarsk sector — Ukraine's General Staff
On January 24, 50 combat engagements took place at the front. Russia attempted to storm the positions of the Ukrainian forces 43 times and improve its tactical position
The Ukrainian Armed Forces' General Staff reported this on January 24.
Russian attacks across Ukraine
During the day, Russian enemy launched 2 missile and 53 air strikes, fired 53 times from multiple launch rocket systems at the positions of Ukrainian troops and settlements. Unfortunately, Russian terrorist attacks have resulted in civilian casualties and injuries. Private houses and other civilian infrastructure were destroyed and damaged.
Near the state Ukrainian border with Russia and Belarus, the situation hasn't changed significantly, and no enemy offensive groups have been detected. Certain units of the Belarusian Armed Forces are performing tasks in the areas bordering Ukraine.
At the same time, the Russian army continued shelling the entire borderline with mortars and artillery: over 25 settlements across the Chernihiv, Sumy, and Kharkiv regions were attacked.
- In the Kupyansk direction, Ukrainian defenders repelled five attacks near Synkivka, Kharkiv region, where Russian enemy tried to break through the defenses of Ukrainian troops. Russian enemy launched air strikes near Tabaivka and Pishchane in the Kharkiv region. More than 15 settlements came under artillery and mortar fire.
- In the Lyman direction, Ukrainian troops repelled three attacks near Dibrova in Donetsk region and three more near Makiivka and Serebryanske forestry in Luhansk region, where Russian forces tried to break through the defenses of Ukrainian troops. Russian forces launched air strikes in the areas of Serebryanske forestry and Bilohorivka, Luhansk region, Donetsk region. More than 10 settlements suffered from Russian artillery and mortar attacks.
- In the Bakhmut direction, the Ukrainian Armed Forces repelled five attacks near4 settlements in Donetsk region, where Russian forces unsuccessfully tried to improve the tactical situation. The enemy conducted air strikes near Chasiv Yar and Predtechine in Donetsk region, fired artillery and mortars at about 10 settlements.
- In the Avdiivka direction, Ukrainian defenders repelled 3 attacks near Avdiivka and 5 more near Pervomaiske and Nevelske in Donetsk region, where Russian enemy unsuccessfully tried to break through the defenses of Ukrainian troops. Russian army also launched air strikes in the areas of Avdiivka and Severne in Donetsk region. About 15 localities came under artillery and mortar fire.
- In the Marinka direction, the Ukrainian Armed Forces continue to hold back Russian enemy in the areas of Heorhiivka and Novomykhailivka in Donetsk region. Here, the Russian forces, with the support of aviation, unsuccessfully tried to improve the tactical situation 9 times. The enemy also carried out air strikes in the areas of Maksymilianivka and Heorhiivka in the Donetsk region. Four villages came under artillery and mortar fire.
- In the Shakhtarsk direction, Ukrainian defenders repelled two Russian attacks south of Zolota Niva and east of Staromayorske in Donetsk region. The enemy launched air strikes in the areas of Staromayorske and Rivne in the Donetsk region. More than 10 localities came under artillery and mortar fire.
- In the Zaporizhzhia direction, Ukrainian defenders repelled a Russian attack near Robotyne. The enemy launched air strikes near Mala Tokmachka and Robotyne in the Zaporizhzhya region. More than 25 settlements came under artillery and mortar fire.
- In the Kherson direction, Russian enemy conducted air strikes in the areas of five villages in the Kherson region. The city of Kherson and surrounding villages came under artillery fire.
The Russian enemy does not abandon its intention to drive Ukrainian units from their footholds on the left bank of the Dnipro Rive. Thus, during the day, the Russian army made 7 unsuccessful assaults on the positions of Ukrainian troops.
Ukrainian military strikes against Russian troops
Over the past day, Ukrainian aviation struck 6 areas of concentration of Russian personnel, weapons and military equipment.
Missile units targeted an area where Russian forces were concentrated.
- On January 23, Ukrainian troops repelled 53 enemy attacks in 7 directions. The Defense Forces of Ukraine also neutralized 840 Russian soldiers and 61 artillery systems.