Russia builds up minefields in Bakhmut sector – General Staff
In the Bakhmut sector, the Ukrainian Armed Forces successfully repelled an enemy attack near Hryhorivka in Donetsk region as Russian troops continue to build up mine barriers
The General Staff's evening report for September 27 states this.
Ukrainian aviation carried out 7 strikes on enemy concentration areas
Also, Ukrainian defenders destroyed 2 reconnaissance UAVs of operational and tactical level.
In turn, the missile troops destroyed an S-300 air defense missile system and 6 enemy artillery pieces.
Russia carried out 44 air strikes on the territory of Ukraine in one day
In addition, the enemy fired 27 times from MLRS at the positions of Ukrainian troops and populated areas. Unfortunately, Russian terrorist attacks have resulted in deaths and injuries among the civilian population. Private houses, a hospital, and other civilian infrastructure were destroyed and damaged.
There were 14 combat engagements in the main frontline areas over the last day
Near the state Ukrainian border with Russia and Belarus, the situation hasn't changed significantly, certain units of the Belarusian Armed Forces are performing tasks in the areas bordering Ukraine.
At the same time, the Russian army continued shelling the entire borderline with mortars and artillery: over 25 settlements in the Chernihiv, Sumy, and Kharkiv regions were attacked.
Russian attacks in other Ukrainian regions
- In the Kupyansk direction, 6 settlements of the Kharkiv region came under artillery shelling.
- In the Lyman direction, over 10 settlements in the Luhansk and Donetsk regions came under Russian fire.
- In the Bakhmut direction, over 15 localities in the Donetsk region were attacked by the invading Russian forces.
- In the Avdiivka direction, more than 10 settlements in the Donetsk region were attacked.
- In the Maryinka direction, over 8 settlements in the Donetsk region came under shelling.
- In the Shakhtarsk direction, over 10 localities in the Donetsk region were shelled.
- In the Zaporizhzhia and Kherson directions, over 30 towns and villages were subjected to numerous attacks by the occupying Russian army.
At the same time, the Ukrainian Defense Forces continue their offensive operation in the Melitopol sector and assault operations in the Bakhmut sector, inflicting losses in manpower and equipment on Russian occupation forces
The spokesperson of the Southern Ukrainian Defense Forces, Natalia Humeniuk, noted that after the destruction of the Russian Black Sea Fleet headquarters, there was a pause in the enemy's naval activities.