Avdiivka is under constant shelling: Ukrainian serviceman on Russian activity in Donetsk region
Yevhen Iievliev, a serviceman with the Ukrainian Armed Forces, says that the Russian troops continue to move their equipment to Avdiivka, covering the deployment with mortar and artillery fire
He said this on the Espreso TV channel.
"We are located between Avdiivka and Bakhmut, namely in the Horlivka sector, I cannot be more specific. I'll tell you about the situation in our area, because Bakhmut has fallen out of focus due to the enemy's intensified attacks on Avdiivka. Now our attention is focused on the fact that Russian enemy is moving its equipment to a depth of 10-20 km in front of us and is shelling Avdiivka," said the Ukrainian Armed Forces serviceman.
According to him, he has been in the company of attack UAVs for a month. The main task is to plan the operation: intelligence finds Russian equipment that the enemy is moving to Avdiivka, and then an operation is carried out to destroy or maximise damage to Russian military equipment.
"When the enemy began to move equipment at a distance of 10-12 km from us, they intensified mortar and artillery shelling so that it was not easy for us to "look up" to detect their equipment. Of course, the enemy uses electronic warfare and reconnaissance, but despite this, our intelligence officers resort to tricks and find Russian equipment, and we destroy it. I must say that these are not dozens of Russian vehicles at a time. However, our arsenal includes D-20 and D-30 guns, tanks, MT-LBs (light armoured multipurpose transporter (tractor) - ed.), and a week ago we took our most serious trophy - a Solntsepyok multiple rocket launcher. As for Avdiivka, I can tell you that we can hear at night how densely the enemy is shelling the city. I can tell you that the noise does not stop over Avdiivka, and it is about 12-15 km away from us on the map," he said.
- On October 30, head of the Avdiivka City Military Administration Vitaliy Barabash said that the Russian forces were regrouping near Avdiivka. A new wave of assaults is expected in the coming days.
- The Institute for War Studies noted that the Russian occupation forces are probably preparing for another wave of ground attacks near Avdiivka, Donetsk region, despite their heavy losses. Later, Barabash said that there had been no third wave of attacks on Avdiivka yet, but the enemy was keeping the tension around the city.
- On November 8, the last 6 employees of the Avdiivka Coke Plant were evacuated.
- Estonian intelligence chief Ants Kiviselg said that Russian forces will try to capture Avdiivka by the end of the year, despite the fact that the city has no strategic importance.
- On November 9, the head of the Avdiivka City Military Administration, Vitaliy Barabash, said that the enemy was preparing for an even bigger attack on Avdiivka.
- Military expert and editor-in-chief of Defence Express, Oleh Katkov, noted that Russia had brought huge resources to Avdiivka, including extremely rare Tornado-S or even Smerch systems.