Air defense system, 9 tanks and 560 soldiers: Russian losses in one day of war in Ukraine
During another day of the war in Ukraine, the Russian army lost another 560 soldiers, 9 tanks, and an air defense system. A total of 29 combat clashes took place at the front
The General Staff of the Ukrainian Armed Forces informs.
The total combat losses of the Russian Federation from February 24, 22 to September 05, 23 are approximately as follows:
- personnel - about 265,680 (+560) people
- tanks - 4489 (+9)
- armored combat vehicles - 8670 (+7)
- artillery systems - 5649 (+38)
- MLRS - 747 (+6)
- air defense systems - 504 (+1)
- aircraft - 315 (+0)
- helicopters - 316 (+0)
- UAVs of operational and tactical level - 4512 (+31)
- cruise missiles - 1447 (+0)
- ships/boats - 19 (+0)
- vehicles and fuel tankers - 8175 (+26)
- special equipment - 851 (+4)
Data is being updated.
Russia tried to advance on two fronts, 29 clashes took place over the day
Thus, according to the General Staff, in the area of the northern Ukrainian border with Belarus, the operational situation has not changed.
- In the northeastern border area, Russian forces fired mortar and artillery shells at more than 20 settlements in Chernihiv, Sumy region and Kharkiv regions.
- In the Kupyansk direction, the Russian army launched an airstrike near Budarok, Kharkiv region. Over 15 localities came under enemy artillery fire.
- In the Lyman direction, the occupying forces carried out unsuccessful offensives in the areas of Novoyehorivka and Bilohorivka in Luhansk region. Air strikes were carried out in the areas of Bilohorivka, Luhansk region, and two more settlements in Donetsk region. More than 15 localities in both regions were subjected to artillery shelling.
- In the Bakhmut direction, Ukrainian defenders continue to take offensive actions south of the city of Bakhmut, consolidating their positions. Attacks by Russian troops in the area north of Klishchiivka, Donetsk region, were successfully repelled. The Russian enemy launched an airstrike near Ivanivske in the Donetsk region and fired artillery at more than 15 localities.
- In the Avdiivka direction, Russian troops launched an airstrike near Avdiivka. They continue to fire artillery and mortar shells at localities in the Donetsk region.
- In the Marinka direction, Ukrainian defense forces continue to hold back the Russian offensive in the area of Marinka. The Russian troops launched an air strike near Krasnohorivka. Another 4 localities in the Donetsk region underwent artillery shelling.
- In the Shakhtarsk direction, the invaders launched air strikes in the area of 4 settlements. Over 10 localities in the Donetsk region were subjected to artillery shelling.
- In the Zaporizhzhia direction, Russia launched air strikes at 6 settlements in the Zaporizhzhia region. Over 20 localities were attacked by artillery.
- In the Kherson direction, the invading forces launched air strikes near 2 settlements. Another 2 villages in the Kherson region suffered artillery and mortar attacks.
- At the same time, the Ukrainian Defense Forces continue to carry out offensive operations in the Melitopol direction, consolidating their positions and conducting counter-battery operations.
Defense forces succeeded in the Robotyne-Novoprokopivka area in the south
According to the General Staff, the Ukrainian Defense Forces continue to conduct offensive operations in the Bakhmut and Melitopol directions.
Thus, the Ukrainian Armed Forces were successful in the Robotyne-Novoprokopivka area. The defenders are consolidating their positions at the achieved lines, inflicting artillery fire on the identified enemy targets and conducting counter-battery operations.
In the Bakhmut direction, Ukrainian troops continue to conduct offensive operations south of the city of Bakhmut. Russia is suffering losses in personnel, weapons and equipment, is redeploying units and troops, and is using reserves. At the same time, the Ukrainian Defense Forces continue to hold back the offensive of Russian troops at the Avdiivka and Marinka directions.
Russia launched 6 missile and 76 air strikes against Ukraine over the last day
Russian forces also fired 60 times from multiple launch rocket systems at the positions of Ukrainian troops and populated areas.
Unfortunately, Russian terrorist attacks have resulted in civilian casualties and injuries. Residential buildings and other civilian infrastructure were destroyed.
Defense Forces attacked Russian troops' concentration areas 11 times
Over the course of the day, the aviation of the Defense Forces carried out 11 strikes on areas of Russian personnel, weapons and military equipment concentration, 2 on enemy anti-aircraft missile systems.
In addition, missile and artillery units struck 11 artillery units at firing positions and 4 Russian control points over the course of the day.
The day before, the General Staff reported that the Ukrainian Armed Forces had successfully repelled Russian attacks north of Klishchiivka in Donetsk region, while Russian troops launched an airstrike near Ivanivske.