US announces new USD 125 million military aid package for Ukraine
The United States has announced a new military aid package for Ukraine worth USD 125 million
US Secretary of State Antony Blinken said this, the Department of Defense reports.
According to his statement, the aid package includes weapons and equipment worth up to USD 125 million.
"We will continue to work with Congress to advance our national security interests by helping Ukraine defend itself and secure its future – a future in which its people rebuild and live safely in a resilient and thriving democracy," he said.
This package include:
- Additional munitions for National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile Systems (NASAMS);
- Additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS);
- 155mm and 105mm artillery rounds;
- Tube-Launched, Optically-Tracked, Wire-Guided (TOW) missiles;
- Javelin and AT-4 anti-armor systems;
- More than 3 million rounds of small arms ammunition and grenades;
- Demolitions munitions for obstacle clearing;
- M18A1 Claymore anti-personnel munitions;
- 12 trucks to transport heavy equipment;
- Cold weather gear; and
- Spare parts, maintenance, and other field equipment.
After the Russian invasion, the United States provided Ukraine with about USD 44 billion in security assistance.