Ukrainian forces repel attack near Urozhayne, Donetsk region — General Staff
Ukrainian army has repelled a Russian attack near Urozhayne, Donetsk region. Meanwhile, Russian forces are unsuccessfully trying to regain the lost position near Chervone, Zaporizhzhia region
The Ukrainian Armed Forces' General Staff shared their regular report.
Ukrainian aviation launches 13 strikes on Russian personnel concentrations
Ukrainian forces launched a strike at a Russian anti-aircraft missile system and 2 on electronic warfare stations. Also, Ukrainian defenders destroyed 2 reconnaissance UAVs of operational and tactical level.
In turn, Ukrainian missile troops destroyed an anti-aircraft missile system, 11 artillery pieces and an ammunition depot.
Russian troops launch 76 air strikes at Ukraine in a day
At night, Russian forces attacked Ukraine using 39 Shahed-136/131 attack drones. Of these, 31 drones were destroyed by Ukraine’s air defense.
They also launched over 40 MLRS attacks at the positions of Ukrainian troops and populated areas. Unfortunately, the Russian terrorist attacks resulted in deaths and injuries among the civilian population. Private houses and other civilian infrastructure were destroyed and damaged.
Nineteen combat clashes take place at the main frontline areas in a day
The operational situation in eastern and southern Ukraine remains difficult. The situation in the area of the northern Ukrainian border with Belarus remained unchanged.
The situation in other directions is as follows:
In the northeastern border area, Russian forces maintain a military presence in the border areas, continue shelling settlements from the territory of Russia, and increase the density of minefields along the state border of Ukraine. Over 35 settlements were subjected to artillery and mortar shelling
- In Kupyansk direction, Russian troops launched air strikes near 4 settlements and shelled over 10 settlements across the Kharkiv region.
- In Lyman direction, Ukrainian Defense Forces repelled attacks near Bilohorivka, Luhansk region. Russian troops launched air strikes near 4 settlements and shelled over 10 settlements with artillery.
- In Bakhmut direction, Russian troops launched air strikes near 2 settlements and shelled over 20 more settlements with artillery.
- In Avdiivka direction, Russian troops tried three times to regain the lost position in the area south of Avdiivka, Donetsk region, but failed. Instead, they launched an air strike near the town. Russian troops also launched an unsuccessful offensive near Nevelske and shelled over 10 settlements of the Donetsk region with artillery.
- In Marinka direction, Ukrainian defenders successfully repelled 6 Russian attacks near the town of Marinka in one day. Russian troops shelled around 10 settlements with artillery.
- In Shakhtarsk direction, Russian troops carried out air strikes near 2 settlements and shelled over 10 settlements with artillery.
- In Zaporizhzhia direction, Russian troops launched air strikes near 2 settlements across the Zaporizhzhia region. Over 30 settlements came under Russian artillery fire.
- In Kherson direction, Russian troops carried out an air strike near a settlement and shelled over 10 settlements across the Kherson region, including the city of Kherson.
The Ukrainian army conducts offensives in the Melitopol direction, consolidating their positions and conducting counter-battery operations, assault operations in the Bakhmut direction, inflicting losses in manpower and equipment on the occupying forces, and exhausting Russian troops along the entire front line.
Natalia Humeniuk, head of the Joint Coordination Press Center of the Southern Defense Forces of Ukraine, noted that Russian ships are facing increasing ‘discomfort’ in the Sevastopol bays. According to her, Russian troops are trying to redeploy logistics for the ships from Crimea to Russia.