Ukrainian forces destroy Russian Su-25 fighter jet – General Staff
On October 13, Ukrainian defenders downed a Russian Su-25 fighter jet. Meanwhile, Ukrainian aviation launched 12 strikes on the invading Russian troops' military positions
The Ukrainian Armed Forces' General Staff reported this.
There were 68 combat engagements over the last day. Russia launched 2 missile strikes, 39 airstrikes, and about 24 attacks with multiple launch rocket systems at the Ukrainian troops' positions and populated areas.
Unfortunately, Russian terrorist attacks have resulted in civilian casualties and injuries. Private houses and other civilian infrastructure have been destroyed and damaged.
Near the state Ukrainian border with Russia and Belarus, the situation hasn't changed significantly, and no enemy offensive groups have been detected.
At the same time, the Russian army continued shelling the entire borderline with mortars and artillery: over 15 settlements across the Chernihiv, Sumy, and Kharkiv regions were attacked.
Russian attacks in frontline Ukrainian regions
- In the Kupyansk direction, 15 settlements of the Kharkiv region came under artillery shelling.
- In the Lyman direction, over 15 settlements in the Luhansk and Donetsk regions came under Russian fire.
- In the Bakhmut direction, over 20 localities in the Donetsk region were attacked by the invading Russian forces.
- In the Avdiivka direction, more than 20 settlements in the Donetsk region were attacked.
- In the Marinka direction, over 10 settlements in the Donetsk region came under shelling.
- In the Shakhtarsk direction, over 10 localities in the Donetsk region were shelled.
- In the Zaporizhzhia and Kherson directions, about 30 towns and villages were subjected to numerous attacks by the occupying Russian army.
"The Ukrainian Defense Forces continue to conduct offensive operations in the Melitopol direction, offensive (assault) operations in the Bakhmut direction, inflict losses in manpower and equipment on the occupation troops, and exhaust the enemy along the entire front line," the General Staff writes.
Strikes against the Russian forces
Over the day, the Defense Forces' aviation launched 12 strikes on the invading Russian troops' military positions.
Ukrainian defenders destroyed a Russian Su-25 fighter jet and an Orlan-10 tactical UAV.
The missile troops struck the control center, a manpower concentration area, a munition depot and an electronic warfare station.
- On Friday, October 13, the Russian army attacked the town of Pokrovsk in the Donetsk region, killing one person and injuring 23 more.