Ukrainian army targets Russian TOS-1A Solntsepyok heavy flamethrower system – General Staff
On August 22, Ukraine’s missile and artillery units targeted a Russian TOS-1A Solntsepyok heavy flamethrower system, as well as 2 ammunition depots
This is stated in the evening report of the General Staff.
Also, Ukrainian troops hit 2 areas where Russian personnel, weapons and military equipment were concentrated.
Moreover, Ukrainian aviation carried out 9 strikes on Russian military personnel and two more on Russian air defence systems.
Russian forces launch 2 missile and 38 air strikes on the territory of Ukraine
They also fired 26 times from multiple launch rocket systems at the positions of Ukrainian troops and populated areas. Russian terrorist attacks resulted in civilian casualties and injuries, as well as damage to residential buildings and other civilian infrastructure.
There were 26 combat clashes in the main frontline sectors over the last day
Near the state Ukrainian border with Russia and Belarus, the situation hasn't changed significantly, and no enemy offensive groups have been detected.
At the same time, the Russian army continued shelling the entire border line with mortars and artillery: over 15 settlements across the Chernihiv, Sumy, and Kharkiv regions were attacked.
Russian attacks in other Ukrainian regions
- In the Kupyansk direction, 3 settlements in the Kharkiv region came under enemy artillery and mortar fire.
- In the Lyman direction, the Russian enemy conducted air strikes in the areas of Tverdokhlibove and Serebryanske forestry in the Luhansk region. The Russian forces shelled about 10 settlements.
- In the Bakhmut direction, the Russian forces launched an air strike near Ivanivske in the Donetsk region. More than 15 settlements suffered from enemy artillery shelling.
- In the Avdiivka direction, Ukrainian defenders successfully repelled the attacks of Russian troops near Avdiivka. Five settlements in the Donetsk region came under artillery fire.
- In the Marinka direction, Ukrainian forces continue to hold back the Russian offensive in the area of Marinka, Donetsk region. Six settlements in the Donetsk region came under artillery fire.
- In the Shakhtarsk direction, the Russian army launched air strikes in the areas of Vodiane and Urozhayne in the Donetsk region. More than 10 settlements suffered from enemy artillery shelling.
- In the Zaporizhzhia direction, the enemy launched air strikes in 3 areas in the Zaporizhzhia region. More than 15 settlements suffered from Russian artillery shelling.
- In the Kherson direction, the Russian forces carried out an air strike near Romashkove in the Kherson region. Three settlements in the Kherson region suffered from Russian artillery shelling.
At the same time, the Ukrainian Defense Forces continue to conduct an offensive in the Melitopol sector, consolidating their positions and conducting counter-battery operations.
- On August 22, Russia returned the bodies of 12 Ukrainian defenders who were confirmed by the International Committee of the Red Cross as being in captivity.