Ukrainian Armed Forces repel 54 Russian attacks along frontline - General Staff
On November 8, 57 combat engagements took place at the frontline. The Ukrainian Defense Forces continue their offensive in the Melitopol and Bakhmut sectors
The Ukrainian Armed Forces' General Staff reported this.
In total, Russia launched 2 missile strikes, 30 airstrikes, and about 59 attacks with multiple launch rocket systems at the Ukrainian troops' positions and populated areas. Private houses and other civilian infrastructure were destroyed and damaged. Unfortunately, there are wounded among the civilian population.
The operational situation in eastern and southern Ukraine remains challenging.
Near the state Ukrainian border with Russia and Belarus, the situation hasn't changed significantly, and no enemy offensive groups have been detected.
At the same time, the Russian army continued shelling the entire borderline with mortars and artillery: over 20 settlements across the Chernihiv, Sumy, and Kharkiv regions were attacked.
Russian attacks in frontline Ukrainian regions
- In the Kupyansk direction, 10 settlements of the Kharkiv region came under artillery shelling.
- In the Lyman direction, over 10 settlements in the Luhansk and Donetsk regions came under Russian fire.
- In the Bakhmut direction, over 20 localities in the Donetsk region were attacked by the invading Russian forces.
- In the Avdiivka direction, more than 10 settlements in the Donetsk region were attacked.
- In the Marinka direction, over 10 settlements in the Donetsk region came under shelling.
- In the Shakhtarsk direction, over 10 localities in the Donetsk region were shelled.
- In the Zaporizhzhia and Kherson directions, about 25 towns and villages were subjected to numerous attacks by the occupying Russian army.
"The Ukrainian Defense Forces continue to conduct offensive operations in the Melitopol direction, offensive (assault) actions in the Bakhmut sector, inflict losses in manpower and equipment on the occupation forces, and exhaust the enemy along the entire front line," the statement said.
The Ukrainian Armed Forces' strikes on Russian troops
Over the course of the day, the Defense Forces' aviation launched 6 strikes on the invading Russian troops' military positions and 3 strikes on Russian anti-aircraft missile systems.
The missile troops hit 8 artillery pieces, 2 munitions depots, 4 manpower concentration areas, 3 air defense facilities, a radar station, 3 electronic warfare stations, and another important Russian target.