Ukraine’s army repels about 23 attacks in Kupyansk sector – General Staff
Ukrainian soldiers continue to defend Ukraine's independence in the war against the invading Russian troops
The Ukrainian Armed Forces' General Staff reported this.
Over the last day 77 combat engagements took place. Russian terrorists launched 5 missile strikes, 33 airstrikes, and about 32 attacks with multiple launch rocket systems at the Ukrainian troops' positions and localities.
"As a result of Russian terrorist attacks, unfortunately, there are dead and wounded among the civilian population. A school, private houses, apartment buildings and other civilian infrastructure were destroyed and damaged," the statement says.
The operational situation in eastern and southern Ukraine remains challenging.
Near the state Ukrainian border with Russia and Belarus, the situation hasn't changed significantly, and no enemy offensive groups have been detected.
At the same time, the Russian army continued shelling the entire borderline with mortars and artillery: over 10 settlements across the Chernihiv, Sumy, and Kharkiv regions were attacked.
Russian attacks in frontline Ukrainian regions
- In the Kupyansk direction, 10 settlements of the Kharkiv region came under artillery shelling.
- In the Lyman direction, over 20 settlements in the Luhansk and Donetsk regions came under Russian fire.
- In the Bakhmut direction, over 10 localities in the Donetsk region were attacked by the invading Russian forces.
- In the Avdiivka direction, more than 15 settlements in the Donetsk region were attacked.
- In the Marinka direction, over 10 settlements in the Donetsk region came under shelling.
- In the Shakhtarsk direction, over 15 localities in the Donetsk region were shelled.
- In the Zaporizhzhia and Kherson directions, about 25 towns and villages were subjected to numerous attacks by the occupying Russian army.
"Ukrainian Defense Forces continue offensive operations in the Melitopol sector, offensive (assault) operations in the Bakhmut sector, inflicting losses in manpower and equipment on the occupation forces, exhausting the enemy along the entire front line," the report says.
Strikes against the Russian troops
The Ukrainian military aviation launched 7 strikes on the invading Russian troops' military positions and another 4 on enemy anti-aircraft missile systems.
The missile troops hit a control center, a munitions depot, 3 manpower concentration areas, and an enemy electronic warfare station.