Ukraine’s army repels about 20 attacks in Marinka sector – General Staff
On October 21, 68 combat engagements took place at the frontline. The Ukrainian Defense Forces continue offensive operations in the Melitopol sector and offensive actions in the Bakhmut sector
The Ukrainian Armed Forces' General Staff reported this.
Russian shelling of Ukraine
In total, Russia launched 4 missile strikes, 33 airstrikes, and about 24 attacks with multiple launch rocket systems at the Ukrainian troops' positions and populated areas. Unfortunately, Russian terrorist attacks have resulted in deaths and injuries among the civilian population. Private houses, apartment buildings and other civilian infrastructure were destroyed and damaged.
Over the last day 68 combat engagements took place.
The operational situation in eastern and southern Ukraine remains challenging.
Near the state Ukrainian border with Russia and Belarus, the situation hasn't changed significantly, and no enemy offensive groups have been detected.
At the same time, the Russian army continued shelling the entire borderline with mortars and artillery: over 10 settlements across the Chernihiv, Sumy, and Kharkiv regions were attacked.
Russian attacks in frontline Ukrainian regions
- In the Kupyansk direction, 10 settlements of the Kharkiv region came under artillery shelling.
- In the Lyman direction, over 10 settlements in the Luhansk and Donetsk regions came under Russian fire.
- In the Bakhmut direction, over 10 localities in the Donetsk region were attacked by the invading Russian forces.
- In the Avdiivka direction, more than 15 settlements in the Donetsk region were attacked.
- In the Marinka direction, over 20 settlements in the Donetsk region came under shelling.
- In the Shakhtarsk direction, over 10 localities in the Donetsk region were shelled.
- In the Zaporizhzhia and Kherson directions, about 25 towns and villages were subjected to numerous attacks by the occupying Russian army.
Ukrainian Armed Forces continue offensive operation
The Ukrainian Defense Forces continue offensive operations in the Melitopol sector, offensive (assault) operations in the Bakhmut sector, inflicting losses in manpower and equipment on the occupation troops, and exhausting the enemy along the entire front line.
Over the day, the Defense Forces' aviation launched 12 strikes on the invading Russian troops' military positions.
Missile troops destroyed 5 artillery pieces, a radar station, a munitions depot, an anti-aircraft missile system, and 2 manpower concentration areas.
- Over October 20, 77 combat engagements took place in the frontline. Russian terrorists launched 5 missile strikes, 33 airstrikes, and about 32 attacks with multiple launch rocket systems at the Ukrainian troops' positions and localities.