Ukraine repels 62 Russian attacks in four directions, 68 battles occur - General Staff
On November 24, 68 combat engagements took place along the frontline, and Ukrainian forces continue offensive operation in the Melitopol and Bakhmut sectors
The Ukrainian Armed Forces’ General Staff reported this.
The operational situation in eastern and southern Ukraine remains difficult.
Near the state Ukrainian border with Russia and Belarus, the situation hasn't changed significantly. Certain units of the Armed Forces of Belarus are performing tasks in the areas bordering Ukraine.
At the same time, the Russian army continued shelling the entire borderline with mortars and artillery: over 15 settlements across the Chernihiv, Sumy, and Kharkiv regions were attacked.
- In the Kupyansk direction, 13 settlements of the Kharkiv region came under artillery shelling.
- In the Bakhmut direction, about 10 localities in the Donetsk region were attacked by the invading Russian forces.
- In the Avdiivka direction, more than 30 settlements in the Donetsk region were attacked.
- In the Marinka direction, over 10 settlements in the Donetsk region came under shelling.
- In the Shakhtarsk direction, over 10 localities in the Donetsk region were shelled.
- In the Zaporizhzhia and Kherson directions, more than 25 towns and villages were subjected to numerous attacks by the occupying Russian army.
Ukrainian Armed Forces continue offensive operation
The Ukrainian forces continue to conduct offensive operations in the Melitopol sector and offensive (assault) operations in the Bakhmut sector, inflicting losses in manpower and equipment on the occupation forces, depleting the enemy along the entire front line.
Defense forces continue to hold positions on the left bank of the Dnipro River in Kherson region.
In the Kupyansk sector, some servicemen of the Russian occupation forces complain about constant losses in manpower due to unsuccessful offensives and declare their unwillingness to continue them. The "quality" of the recruits is extremely low - mostly elderly people with problems with alcohol, drugs, gambling, etc. There is a perception among the military personnel of the Russian occupation forces that the leadership deliberately sends them on "meat" assaults, without regard for losses.
There is also information that in occupied Mariupol, Russian soldiers from among former convicts killed their commander because of his constant threats, abuse and murder of other troops.
In addition, in the Svatove direction, there is unsatisfactory logistical support for the occupiers' units. Thus, servicemen of one of the Russian Federation units report poor supply of winter clothing, food, water, etc.
During the day, Ukrainian aviation carried out 9 strikes on the areas of concentration of enemy personnel, weapons and military equipment. Missile units hit 2 areas of concentration of personnel, weapons and military equipment and the enemy's logistics center.