Russia’s most massive drone attack on Kyiv leaves civilian victims and destruction
Mykhailo Shamanov, a spokesman for the Kyiv City Military Administration, said that on the night of November 25, 66 Russian drones attacked Kyiv city and the Kyiv region, all of which were shot down. The falling of debris was recorded in four districts of the capital, five people were injured in Solomyanskyi district
He shared the information on Espreso TV.
"Efforts are underway to address the aftermath of the enemy attack, compounded by adverse weather conditions. This was the fourth attack by an enemy UAV on Kyiv in the last month. According to the head of the Kyiv City Military Administration, Colonel General Serhiy Popko, this drone attack was the most massive since the beginning of the full-scale invasion. According to the Air Force, 66 drones attacked Kyiv city and the Kyiv region and were shot down. But as a result of the falling debris, there is some damage and casualties in the capital. In the Solomyanskyi district, the windows of a 5-story building were broken. There was also a fire, a kindergarten was destroyed. There was also a fire in non-residential premises at another location," said the spokesman for the Kyiv City Military Administration.
Mykhailo Shamanov noted that debris fell in the Dniprovskyi district of Kyiv, hitting the upper floors of a high-rise building, causing smoke to rise. Emergency services immediately arrived and extinguished the fire.
"In Holosiivskyi and Pecherskyi districts of the capital, debris was also recorded falling, without consequences. In Holosiivskyi district, the debris fell on a green area, and in Pecherskyi district, on an undeveloped area. However, the attack injured five people in the Solomyanskyi district, two of whom sustained cut wounds to their limbs as a result of the blast wave that shattered windows, and three people suffered acute shock reactions. Medics provided first aid in the town, no one was hospitalized. Among the victims, the youngest child is 11 years old, the oldest person is 65 years old," informed Shamanov.
The spokesperson added that according to Ukrenergo, Ukraine’s power supplying company, at the time of the attack, the main power lines and distribution lines of Oblenergo, regional power supplier, were damaged, some houses were cut off as a precautionary measure, but in a few hours all Kyiv residents had power.
- At night and in the morning of Saturday, November 25, Russia conducted a combined shelling of Ukraine, using missiles and UAVs. As a result of the Shahed attack on Kyiv, 5 people were injured and a number of districts were destroyed.
- Later, it turned out that the Russian occupiers had launched a record number of drones into Ukraine on the night of November 25. Air defense forces destroyed 74 of the 75 drones.