10-year-old boy and his grandmother killed in Russian attack on Kharkiv
On the morning of October 6, Russian troops attacked Kharkiv. A 10-year-old boy was found dead under the rubble. Later, rescuers found the body of his grandmother
Kharkiv Mayor Ihor Terekhov reported that the body of the second victim was found.
"The number of victims and injured from the morning strikes in Kharkiv is growing. Another body was found - a woman born in 1955," he wrote.
In turn, the head of the Kharkiv Regional Military Administration, Oleh Syniehubov, clarified that the dead woman was the grandmother of the boy who was found dead earlier.
At 13:55, Syneihubov wrote that the number of victims had reached 30 and described their condition.
"20 men and 9 women aged 18 to 85, and an 11-month-old boy, the brother of the killed child, was also injured. The condition of most of the wounded, including the child, is average. There are also several "mild" patients. They were treated on the spot," the official wrote.
"Most of the people have explosive injuries, shrapnel wounds to the arms and legs, face, and hematomas. Two of the victims had an acute stress reaction," he added.
Earlier, Syniehubov reported 27 injured and one dead boy.
"Emergency services continue to work at the scene of the morning attack on the center of Kharkiv. So far, 27 people have been reported injured. A 10-year-old child was killed," he said.
Kharkiv Mayor Ihor Terekhov and the head of the Regional Military Administration, Oleh Syniehubov, reported the information.
At 6:46 a.m., the mayor wrote, "The city of Kharkiv is under fire. There is information about a strike on the central part of the city."
The head of the Regional Military Administration called on residents of the entire region to take shelter.
At 6:48 a.m., Suspilne reported that explosions were heard in Kharkiv.
Later, the director of the Emergency Medical Center (EMC), Viktor Zabashta, told Suspilne. Kharkiv that at least one person was injured.
The head of the EMC said that there is preliminary information about the strikes on 2 districts of the city.
"Three people were wounded, their condition is not severe," wrote Syniehubov.
He added that emergency services are working on the ground. There is damage to cars and buildings.
Later, Terekhov said that the Russian strikes hit the civilian infrastructure of Kharkiv.
"In one case, a residential building was hit. There is unconfirmed information that there may be a child under the rubble - rescuers are trying to clear it as soon as possible," the mayor wrote.
He confirmed that there are currently three victims, all of whom are in moderate condition, cut by glass.
At 7.49 a.m., Syniehubov noted that 9 civilians sought medical attention. Among the injured is a child of 11 months.
"At the moment, rescuers are eliminating the consequences of the hits, car fire, and clearing the rubble of buildings," wrote the head.
The regional police reported that, according to preliminary data from explosive experts, Russian troops hit Kharkiv with Iskander missiles.
Russian attack kills a 10-year-old child
Terekhov said that the body of a child was recovered from under the rubble of a house.
"A child was found under the rubble of a residential building. Unfortunately, he was dead. Condolences to the parents and family," he wrote.
Syniehubov said that the body of a 10-year-old boy was found under the rubble.
"Preliminary, 16 people were injured, including an 11-month-old child," he said.
Ukraine’s Interior Minister Ihor Klymenko said that 2 people were rescued by the State Emergency Service.
"Two apartment buildings were damaged and a three-story residential building was destroyed. The impact caused a fire of 50 square meters. Rescuers eliminated the fire," he wrote.
At 9:30 a.m., the Kharkiv regional prosecutor's office reported 23 injured and one dead 10-year-old boy. They added that the information is being updated.