Russian invading forces kill 2 civilians, wound 6 in night attacks on Ukraine
On the night of October 8-9, three regions of Ukraine came under Russian fire. The attacks killed 2 civilians and injured 6 others, including one child
Ukraine’s Government portal reported the information.
Last night, Russia fired on Kherson, Zaporizhzhia and Kharkiv regions. During the day, the State Emergency Service (SES) units carried out 19 dispatches to eliminate the consequences of the Russian attacks on settlements and infrastructure facilities, extinguished 4 fires and provided psychological assistance to 61 people.
In total, since the beginning of the war, 120,445 rescue missions have been carried out, 16,850 fires have been extinguished, 4,348 people have been rescued, and 227,645 people have received psychological assistance.
- At 8:00 AM, the town of Beryslav experienced an airstrike, resulting in one person being injured. Additionally, the airstrike caused partial destruction to a warehouse building and damaged a college building, as well as four private and apartment buildings. Efforts were made to extinguish a fire in a private garage caused by the airstrike.
- At 10:30, the village of Antonivka in the Kherson district was subjected to shelling, resulting in three individuals sustaining injuries and damage to a car.
- At 3:45 pm, the village of Antonivka in the Kherson district was once again subjected to shelling, which resulted in one child sustaining an injury.
- At 5:30 pm, the village of Antonivka in the Kherson district was once more subjected to shelling, resulting in one person being injured.
- At 6:05 pm, the village of Antonivka in the Kherson district was subjected to shelling, leading to a fire in a private house covering an area of 150 square meters. Firefighters managed to extinguish the fire.
- At 7:40 pm, Kherson city was shelled, resulting in damage to the windows of an apartment and a fire breaking out in a private house covering an area of 90 square meters. Firefighters successfully extinguished the fire.
- At 9:00 PM, the village of Antonivka in the Kherson district was subjected to shelling once more on the same day, resulting in the loss of one person's life.
- At 8:00 am, the town of Stepnohirsk was subjected to artillery fire, including MLRS, resulting in damage to an outpatient clinic and an outbuilding.
- At 5:20 pm, the town of Orikhiv was shelled, leading to damage to an inoperative gas station. Firefighters managed to extinguish a fire on a 30-square-meter tank.
- At 9:30 am, Vovchansk was subjected to fire, resulting in damage to four private houses.
- At 6:00 pm, Vovchansk was shelled once more, resulting in the loss of one person's life. Additionally, two private houses and an outbuilding sustained damage during this attack.
- On Sunday, October 8th, invading Russian forces launched multiple attacks on populated areas in the Kherson region. This resulted in 15 casualties, including a 9-month-old infant.