Ukrainian forces hold positions on Kherson region's left bank, record 58 combat clashes
There were 58 combat engagements along the frontline over the last day. Russia launched 2 missile and 29 air strikes, fired 40 times at Ukrainian troops' positions and localities from MLRS
The Ukrainian Armed Forces’ General Staff reported this.
Russian attacks across Ukraine
Russian enemy launched 2 missile and 29 air strikes, fired 40 times at the positions of Ukrainian troops and civilian settlements from multiple rocket launchers. Also, Russia struck again at Ukraine using 14 Shahed 'kamikaze' drones, all were destroyed.
Over the last day, 58 combat engagements took place. The operational situation in eastern and southern Ukraine remains difficult.
Near the state Ukrainian border with Russia and Belarus, the situation hasn't changed significantly, and no enemy offensive groups have been detected.
At the same time, the Russian army continued shelling the entire borderline with mortars and artillery: over 20 settlements across the Chernihiv, Sumy, and Kharkiv regions were attacked.
Russian army attacks in other frontline Ukrainian regions
- In the Kupyansk direction, 12 settlements of the Kharkiv region came under artillery shelling.
- In the Lyman direction, over 15 settlements in the Luhansk and Donetsk regions came under Russian fire.
- In the Bakhmut direction, about 10 localities in the Donetsk region were attacked by the invading Russian forces.
- In the Avdiivka direction, more than 15 settlements in the Donetsk region were attacked.
- In the Marinka direction, over 14 settlements in the Donetsk region came under shelling.
- In the Shakhtarsk direction, over 10 localities in the Donetsk region were shelled.
- In the Zaporizhzhia and Kherson directions, about 20 towns and villages were subjected to numerous attacks by the occupying Russian army.
Ukrainian Armed Forces continue offensive operation
"The Ukrainian defense forces continue to conduct an offensive operation in the Melitopol sector, offensive (assault) actions in the Bakhmut sector, inflict losses in manpower and equipment on the occupation forces, and deplete the enemy along the entire front line," the General Staff wrote.
Ukrainian troops continue to hold positions on the left bank of the Kherson region. They continue to deliver fire on the Russian forces.
Strikes against the Russian troops
Over the day, Ukrainian aviation launched 11 strikes on the invading Russian troops’ military positions and hit an air defense system, 4 artillery systems and an ammunition depot.