Russian forces conduct assault operations in 7 directions – General Staff
Over the last day, Russian troops conducted assault operations in the Kupyansk, Lyman, Bakhmut, Avdiivka, Zaporizhzhia, and Marinka directions
The Ukrainian Armed Forces’ General Staff reported this.
There were 59 combat engagements over the last day. Russia launched 46 missile strikes, 46 airstrikes, and about 36 attacks with multiple launch rocket systems at the Ukrainian troops' positions and populated areas.
Private residential buildings and other civilian infrastructure were destroyed and damaged. Unfortunately, there are dead and wounded among the civilian population.
The operational situation in eastern and southern Ukraine remains difficult
Near the state Ukrainian border with Russia and Belarus, the situation hasn't changed significantly, and no enemy offensive groups have been detected.
At the same time, the Russian army continued shelling the entire borderline with mortars and artillery: over 10 settlements across the Chernihiv, Sumy, and Kharkiv regions were attacked.
Russian attacks in frontline Ukrainian regions
- In the Kupyansk direction, 10 settlements of the Kharkiv region came under artillery shelling.
- In the Lyman direction, over 10 settlements in the Luhansk and Donetsk regions came under Russian fire.
- In the Bakhmut direction, over 10 localities in the Donetsk region were attacked by the invading Russian forces.
- In the Avdiivka direction, more than 20 settlements in the Donetsk region were attacked.
- In the Marinka direction, over 10 settlements in the Donetsk region came under shelling.
- In the Shakhtarsk direction, over 10 localities in the Donetsk region were shelled.
- In the Zaporizhzhia and Kherson directions, about 25 towns and villages were subjected to numerous attacks by the occupying Russian army.
"The Ukrainian Defense Forces continue to conduct offensive operations in the Melitopol sector, offensive (assault) operations in the Bakhmut sector, inflict losses in manpower and equipment on the occupation forces, and exhaust the enemy along the entire front line," the statement says.
Ukrainian strikes on Russian troops
Over the day, the Ukrainian aviation launched 11 strikes on the invading Russian troops’ military positions.
Air defense destroyed 5 Shahed attack UAVs and one Kh-59 guided missile.
The missile troops hit 8 artillery pieces, a command center, 3 manpower concentration areas, and 4 enemy electronic warfare stations.