Ukrainian forces report 64 combat engagements, repel 10 Russian attacks in Avdiivka
Ukrainian forces repelled 45 Russian attacks over the past day, striking at enemy concentration areas, weapons, and military equipment
The General Staff's evening report for January 9 says.
Russia's attacks on Ukraine
"In total, during the day, the Russian army launched 1 missile and 29 air strikes, fired 17 times from MLRS at the positions of Ukrainian troops and settlements," the military said.
Situation along main frontline areas
Near the state Ukrainian border with Russia and Belarus, the situation hasn't changed significantly, and no enemy offensive groups have been detected. Certain units of the Belarusian Armed Forces are performing tasks in the areas bordering Ukraine.
The enemy also launched an air strike near Vesele, Kharkiv region. At the same time, the Russian army continued shelling the entire borderline with mortars and artillery: over 25 settlements across the Chernihiv, Sumy, and Kharkiv regions were attacked.
- In the Kupyansk direction, the Ukrainian Defense Forces repelled four Russian attacks near Synkivka, Kharkiv region, where the Russian army unsuccessfully tried to improve the tactical situation. About 10 settlements came under artillery and mortar fire.
- In the Lyman direction, Ukrainian defenders repelled four enemy attacks in the areas east of Terny and Vesele in the Donetsk region. The Russian army also launched an air strike in the area of Nove, Donetsk region. More than 10 localities suffered from Russian artillery and mortar attacks.
- In the Bakhmut direction, Ukrainian Armed Forces repelled three enemy attacks near Klishchiivka and Andriivka in the Donetsk region. More than 10 localities came under artillery and mortar fire.
- In the Avdiivka direction, Ukrainian army countered 10 Russian attacks in the areas of Novobakhmutivka, Avdiivka, Sieverne and 11 more in the areas of Pervomaiske and Nevelske in Donetsk region, where the enemy, supported by aviation, unsuccessfully tried to improve the tactical situation. The Russian army also launched an air strike near Oleksandropil, Donetsk region. About 15 localities came under enemy artillery and mortar fire.
- In the Marinka direction, the Ukrainian Defense Forces continue to hold back the enemy in the areas of Heorhiivka, Pobieda and Novomykhailivka in the Donetsk region, where the Russian forces, supported by aviation, unsuccessfully tried to break through the defense of Ukrainian troops 14 times. Four settlements of Donetsk region came under artillery and mortar fire of the occupying Russian forces.
- In the Shakhtarsk direction, the Ukrainian Armed Forces repelled an enemy attack near the Staromayorske area of Donetsk region. More than 10 localities were shelled with artillery and mortars.
- In the Zaporizhzhia direction, the Russian troops did not undertake any offensive (assault) actions. More than 15 localities came under artillery and mortar fire.
- In the Kherson direction, 7 localities, including the city of Kherson, were subjected to Russian artillery fire.
The Russian army doesn’t abandon its intention to drive Ukrainian units from their footholds on the left bank of the Dnipro River. Thus, during the day, it launched 9 unsuccessful assault operations, but Ukrainian soldiers continue to hold their positions and inflict significant losses on the enemy.
Ukrainian military strikes against Russian troops
Over the past day, Ukrainian aviation struck 9 areas where enemy personnel were concentrated.
Missile troops targeted an area where Russian personnel, weapons and military equipment were concentrated and 2 Russian artillery systems.