Russian army reduces number of assaults near Senkivka, Petropavlivka
Andriy Kanashevych, head of the Kupyansk District Military Administration, says that in recent days, Russian forces have significantly reduced the intensity of assaults near Senkivka and Petropavlivka
He said this on Espreso TV.
"I can only say that over the past few days Russia has significantly reduced the number of assault actions in the direction of Senkivka and Petropavlivka. Previously, the number of such clashes reached up to 20 per day, but in recent days the invading forces have reduced the activity from 4 to 7 attacks on our positions. That is, we are now seeing a decrease in enemy activity. It is difficult to say what this is due to. Perhaps the Russian troops are a bit exhausted, or they are conducting rotational activities," noted Kanashevych.
According to Kanashevych, the Russian troops are trying to conduct offensive actions despite their losses.
"Over the past month of combat operations in the Kupyansk sector, the enemy has suffered losses in manpower. This is confirmed by our military. According to them, the Russian troops are trying to attack in the same direction towards Senkivka. Accordingly, the fighting is taking place in the forest on one piece of land," he added.
- On January 6, the US Institute for the Study of War reported that Russian troops may intensify efforts to capture Kupyansk in the coming weeks, but do not intend to launch large-scale offensives in other parts of Kharkiv region.
- According to Oleksandr Musienko, director of the Center for Military Legal Studies, the Russian troops regrouped and replenished reserves in the Kupyansk sector and near Lyman, so they plan to launch an offensive on Kupyansk on January 10-15.