Russia carries out 50 air strikes, 70 combat clashes take place on frontline — General Staff
The Ukrainian army continues its offensive in the Melitopol and Bakhmut directions, with 13 air strikes on Russian personnel, weapons, and military equipment concentrations
This was reported by the General Staff of the Ukrainian Armed Forces in an evening update.
The Kremlin's terrorist forces cynically launched another missile attack with an Iskander-M ballistic missile on a civilian facility in the city of Mykolaiv. In addition, Russian troops launched Shahed-136/131 attack UAVs on southern Ukraine, most of which were destroyed by Ukrainian air defense.
Over 70 combat clashes take place at the frontline
In total, Russia launched 8 missile and 48 air strikes, and 24 MLRS attacks at the positions of Ukrainian troops and at populated areas. Unfortunately, Russian terrorist attacks have resulted in deaths and injuries among the civilian population. Private homes, apartment buildings and other civilian infrastructure have been destroyed and damaged.
The situation along the entire frontline is as follows:
In the area of the northern Ukrainian border with Belarus, the operational situation has not changed.
In the northeastern border area, Russian forces maintain a grouping of troops covering the state border, conducting active sabotage activities in the border areas to prevent the deployment of Ukrainian troops to threatened areas, and increasing the density of minefields along the state border in the Belgorod region. Over 10 settlements in Chernihiv, Sumy and Kharkiv regions were subjected to Russian artillery and mortar shelling.
- In Kupyansk direction, Ukrainian defenders repelled over 10 attacks near Synkivka and Ivanivka, Kharkiv region, and about 10 more near Nadiya, Luhansk region. About 15 settlements came under Russian artillery and mortar fire.
- In Lyman direction, Ukrainian Defense Forces repelled attacks near Makiivka, Luhansk region. About 20 settlements suffered from Russian artillery and mortar shelling.
- In Bakhmut direction, Ukrainian soldiers repelled attacks near Klishchiivka, Donetsk region. Russian troops launched air strikes near Klishchiivka and Kurdyumivka, Donetsk region. Over 25 settlements in the Donetsk region came under Russian artillery and mortar fire.
- In Avdiivka direction, Russian troops, supported by aviation, conducted unsuccessful assault operations near Avdiivka and 3 more settlements in the Donetsk region. Ukrainian soldiers repelled over 10 attacks there. Over 10 settlements were subjected to Russian artillery and mortar shelling.
- In Marinka direction, Russian troops carried out unsuccessful assault operations with the support of aviation near Marinka, Donetsk region. Meanwhile, the Ukrainian Defense Forces repelled 11 attacks. About 10 settlements came under artillery and mortar fire of the occupiers.
- In Shakhtarsk direction, Ukrainian defenders repelled attacks north of Zolota Nyva, Donetsk region. About 15 settlements in the Donetsk region came under Russian artillery and mortar fire.
- In Zaporizhzhia direction, Russian troops conducted air strikes near the settlements of Robotyne and Novodanylivka in the Zaporizhzhia region. About 30 settlements came under Russian artillery and mortar fire.
- In Kherson direction, Russian troops conducted air strikes near the settlements of Beryslav and Vesele in the Kherson region. Four towns came under Russian artillery and mortar fire.
The Ukrainian Defense Forces are conducting an offensive operation in the Melitopol direction, inflicting losses in manpower and equipment on the occupying forces, consolidating their positions and exhausting Russian troops.
Ukrainian aviation strikes a Russian control center, 13 concentrations of personnel, weapons, and military equipment
Ukrainian aviation also launched 4 strikes on Russian anti-aircraft missile systems and destroyed 4 reconnaissance UAVs of operational and tactical level.
Ukrainian missile troops struck a Russian control center, 2 concentrations of personnel, weapons and military equipment; targeted 2 TOS-1A Solntsepek heavy flamethrower systems and 13 artillery pieces.