Reznikov warns that Russian Federation may change its tactics during new offensive
Defense Minister Oleksii Reznikov stated that during a new large-scale offensive, the Russians may change tactics and deliver concentrated strikes in specific directions
Reznikov told about this in an interview with Ukrainska Pravda.
He believes that during the new offensive, the Russians will conduct focused battles in specific areas.
"The Russians tried a simultaneous capture of Ukraine in February last year. It did not succeed. That is, the resources were scattered, and they lost many elite units. Now they have a new tactic - concentrated, creeping attempts, a little bit, ten meters at a time, to capture, push back, squeeze," Reznikov said.
He emphasized that the most serious enemy groups are currently located in the east and south, but noted that he believes a repeat offensive on Kherson is unlikely.
“If we say that there may be offensive attempts somewhere, then our intelligence, the General Staff, our partners say that it could be east and south. Kherson is difficult, because when they fled, they burned all the bridges and crossings. Returning across the Dnipro River back to Kherson is a complicated task. To transfer troops across the river under our fire, under our fire control, to recapture Kherson is a strange story,” explained Reznikov.
At the same time, he emphasized that there is a risk of an offensive in the Zaporizhzhia direction.
"Overland, yes. Their dream is to expand the land corridor to Crimea in order to continue supplies. Therefore, of course, the key risks are: the east, the south, and after that – the north. These are the risks that exist. They need to be assessed, calmly, but without panic. I don't want society to think that everything is over. But right now we need to be assembled and focused. There are no panic reasons to flee the cities. The only danger that remains is missile and drone strikes. But our air defense system is also becoming more powerful and more skillful," Reznikov is convinced.
On February 5, Oleksii Reznikov assured that Ukraine is ready for another large-scale Russian offensive in February.
On February 6, the British newspaper FT wrote that Russia intends to launch another large-scale offensive within the next 10 days to seize Donbas.