Defense Forces repel 17 Russian attacks in Avdiivka sector, 19 in Marinka sector - General Staff
Over the last day, 58 combat engagements took place in the frontline. Russia launched 4 missile strikes, 29 air strikes, and about 46 MLRS attacks at the Ukrainian troops' positions and civilian localities
The Ukrainian Armed Forces’ General Staff reported this.
During the day, the Russian Federation once again attacked Ukraine, using S-300 anti-aircraft guided missiles against civilian infrastructure. Unfortunately, Russian terrorist attacks have resulted in civilian casualties and injuries. More than 20 private residential buildings, 7 multi-storey buildings and other civilian infrastructure were destroyed and damaged.
The operational situation in eastern and southern Ukraine remains challenging.
Near the state Ukrainian border with Russia and Belarus, the situation hasn't changed significantly, and no enemy offensive groups have been detected.
At the same time, the Russian army continued shelling the entire borderline with mortars and artillery: over 30 settlements across the Chernihiv, Sumy, and Kharkiv regions were attacked.
Russian attacks in frontline Ukrainian regions
- In the Kupyansk direction, 10 settlements of the Kharkiv region came under artillery shelling.
- In the Lyman direction, over 15 settlements in the Luhansk and Donetsk regions came under Russian fire.
- In the Bakhmut direction, about 20 localities in the Donetsk region were attacked by the invading Russian forces.
- In the Avdiivka direction, more than 15 settlements in the Donetsk region were attacked.
- In the Marinka direction, over 6 settlements in the Donetsk region came under shelling.
- In the Shakhtarsk direction, over 10 localities in the Donetsk region were shelled.
- In the Zaporizhzhia and Kherson directions, about 30 towns and villages were subjected to numerous attacks by the occupying Russian army.
At the same time, the Ukrainian Defense Forces continue offensive operations in the Melitopol sector and offensive (assault) operations in the Bakhmut sector, inflicting losses in manpower and equipment on the occupation forces, and exhausting the enemy along the entire front line.
Ukrainian aviation launched three strikes on Russian SAMs, destroyed a munitions depot and air defense
Over the day, Ukrainian aviation launched 10 strikes on the invading Russian troops’ military positions, and three strikes on enemy anti-aircraft missile systems.
The missile troops hit two areas of manpower concentration areas, as well as 13 artillery pieces, a munitions depot, and a Russian air defense facility.